I’m so excited to bring to you my first ever knit pattern! I have been knitting on and off for several years now and up until recently, I haven’t paid much attention to my knitting needles. I have finally gotten back into my knitting groove and have decided to write my first knit pattern to share my latest project. I made this quick and super simple Color Block Cowl utilizing the seed stitch (also known as the moss stitch) and using the most gorgeous wool from We Are Knitters. I hope you enjoy the pattern! If you don’t knit, don’t worry! I will be releasing the crochet version of this pattern next week. Happy Knitting! 🙂
Color Block Cowl
- Approximately 60 yds of The Wool by We Are Knitters in 2 Colors
- Size US-19 (15mm) Knitting Needles
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
CO – cast on
k – knit
p – purl
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
Pattern repeat is a multiple of 2 sts
4.8 sts & 12 rows = 4″
22″ x 16″ before seamed
With Color A, CO 26 sts
Row 1: *k1, p1** Repeat from * to ** to end of row. (26)
Row 2: *p1, k1** Repeat from * to ** to end of row. (26)
Row 3-24: Repeat Rows 1-2
Change to Color B
Row 25-48: Repeat Rows 1-2
BO in the pattern of Row 1, leaving a 12″ long yarn tail.
Bring the two ends of the cowl together. Using the yarn tail and yarn needle, stitch the ends together using the whip stitch or mattress seam method. Weave all ends.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.