Kaylee asked me to make her something to wear for her Valentine’s Day party at school. I figured I would make her something red and really cute that she could wear all day. I came up with this adorable knotted headband that is in two different sizes! Enjoy and Happy Crocheting!
Love Me Knot Headband
- Approximately 64-74 yds of Cascade 220* yarn in the Ruby colorway
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- Wooden Heart Buttons* (optional)
ch – chain
st(s) – stitch(es)
hdc – half double crochet
BL – back loop
FHDC – foundation half double crochet
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
3.9 stitches & 3.3 rows = 1″
Approximately 18″ before seamed for Child Size
Approximately 21″ before seamed for Adult Size
Chain any number of sts
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This project is worked flat in 2 sections and then stitched together and seamed to form the headband.
- The main pattern is written in the Child Size with the stitch counts for the Adult Size written in ()
Make 2, leave a long starting tail of about 8-10″
Row 1: FHDC 70 (80), turn. (70, 80)
Alternately, you can ch 71 (81), hdc in the 2nd ch from hook and in each st across, turn. (70, 80)
Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in the BL of the next st and in each st across, turn. (70, 80)
Row 3-4: Repeat Row 2
Row 5: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing.
How to Assemble the Headband:
- Lay your two strips out, one above the other
- Fold each strip in half (shown below)
- Cross the two strips together (shown below)
- Using the long tails, sew the strips together using the whip stitch method
- Weave all ends.
- Embellish with a couple of buttons on the side or wear it as is! Enjoy!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.