Frosty Snowflake Mason Jar Cozy
- Size H (5.00 mm) Crochet Hook*
- Worsted Weight Yarn in two colors (I use Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Cotton Yarn)
- Yarn Needle*, for weaving ends
ch – chain
sk – skip
sc – single crochet
sc dec – single crochet decrease
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
4 stitches and 3 rows = 1 inch
Fits a pint size mason jar
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- Color changes are made on the last yarn over of the last stitch of the round.
With color A,
Magic Circle, ch 1
Round 1: 12 sc into the magic circle, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (12)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc into each st around, join in beginning hdc with a sl st. (24)
Round 3: Ch 1, *1 hdc into next st, 2 hdc into next st.** Repeat from * to ** around, join in beginning hdc with a sl st. (36)
Round 4-10: Ch 1, 1 hdc into each st around, join into beginning hdc with a sl st. (36)
Change to color B
Round 11: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around. Join into beginning sc with a sl st. (36)
Change to color A
Round 12: Ch 3, 1 dc into each st around. Join into beginning dc with a sl st. (36)
Round 13-14: Ch 1, 1 hdc into each st around, join into beginning hdc with a sl st. (36)
Change to color B
Round 15: Ch 1, sc dec, twice, 1 sc into each of the next 28 sts, sc dec twice, join in beginning sc. Fasten off, weave ends. (32)
- To add snowflake embellishments, thread yarn needle with 5-6″ of yarn.
- Insert the yarn needle from the wrong side (inside of cozy) of the work to the right side (outside of cozy).
- Pull through so that only one strand of yarn comes through the right side, leaving a tail on the wrong side of the work.
- Insert yarn needle diagonally to form a /
- Repeat the previous steps to create another diagonal line to form an X
- Repeat previous steps again, this time forming a + sign over the X to create a little snowflake.
- Fasten off and weave the ends in on the wrong side to secure them.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.