This pattern was designed by Cream of the Crop Crochet, exclusively for The Stitchin’ Mommy
Once you are done making the ‘V’ Stitch Shawl/Wrap from this series, the next step is to make this lovely clutch with a bow. This simple yet cute clutch will be perfect to hold your wallet, phone, lipstick, and maybe even a few other things! If you don’t want a bow, this clutch is interchangeable for you to add a different appliqué you find. We love to see your projects so don’t forget to share with us!
Clutch with a Bow (Night Out Series)
- Worsted weight yarn (4-medium)
- Color A: Black
- Color B: White
- H crochet hook
- Fabric scissors
- Yarn Needle, to weave ends
CA – Color A
CB – Color B
st(s) – stitch(es)
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
11 hdc stitches x 9 rows is 4″
10 ¾” width
7” tall (flap closed)
- This pattern is in American Crochet Terms.
- This pattern is for preteen/teen/adults.
- This pattern also uses a slip stitch.
- In the amount of stitches you should have at the end of the row (ex. 11 sts). That count does not include the chain.
- If you have any problems at all, please contact Cream Of The Crop Crochet. We will be happy to help!
Starting with CA, Ch 33
Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in each st, turn (31 sts)
Row 2: ch 1, hdc in each st, turn (31 sts)
Repeat row 2, 38 more times.
Row 41: ch 1, hdc in each st, cut yarn, finish off, weave ends (31 sts)
Step 1: Lay the clutch out flat as shown in the photo.
Step 2: Fold the bottom of the clutch up 2/3.
Step 3: For the part you just folded up, slip stitch the right side of the clutch together, cut yarn, finish off weave ends. Then slip stitch the left side of the clutch together, cut yarn, finish off, weave ends.
Step 4: Turn the clutch inside out so the slip stitch you just made is inside.
Starting with CB, ch 58, join
Row 1: ch 1, sc in each st around, join (58 sts)
Repeat row 1, 8 more times.
Row 10: ch 1, sc in each st around, join, cut yarn, finish off, weave ends (58 sts)
Bottom edging: ch 1 to attach the yarn to the bow, sc in each st around, join, cut yarn, finish off, weave ends
Middle of bow instructions:
- Take a very long strand of CB yarn (about 3’ long).
- Pinch the top and bottom of bow together.
- Wrap the strand of yarn around the middle of the bow, although leave about 5” of yarn unwrapped on both ends.
- Knot the yarn close to the wrapped middle tightly to secure the middle.
Attaching the bow:
- With both ends of the strand, take a yarn needle and thread one of the ends of yarn through the needle.
- Place the bow on top of the clutch’s flap.
- Take the yarn needle down through the flap.
- Remove the yarn needle from the end of the yarn and make sure the yarn doesn’t come out.
- Thread the yarn through the needle.
- Take the yarn needle down through the flap in a different stitch than before.
- Remove the yarn needle from the end of the yarn.
- Tie both ends together tightly, and weave ends.
Securing the bow down good:
- With 1 smaller strands of CB yarn (about 10” long), and a yarn needle.
- Thread the yarn through the yarn needle.
- Starting under the clutch’s flap, take the yarn needle up through the flap, and through the first layer of the bow.
- Take the yarn needle one stitch over, and go back down through the layer of bow and clutch’s flap.
- Tie ends together tightly, and weave ends.
Repeat this process on the other side of the bow.
Don’t forget to check out the first pattern in the Night Out Series, the V Stitch Shawl/Wrap and stay tuned for the last pattern coming soon!
|Cream Of The Crop Crochet™ is owned and run by Brie. She grew up watching relatives crochet and wished she knew how to take a crochet hook and yarn, and magically turn it into something special! In 2012, Brie learned how to crochet as a hobby, and soon turned a hobby into everything you see on her blog! If you ever have trouble with one of her patterns, contact her team by going to her blog. See more from Brie on her Facebook page, Pinterest, and Craftsy shop.|