I received a skein of Red Heart Boutique Infinity yarn in Enchanted which I am using for today’s pattern!
Yarn ID: E828
Fiber Content: 69%Acrylic, 11% Wool, 10% Polyester,6%Nylon,4%Metallic
Skein Weight: 3.5 oz (100g)
Yardage: Approx. 129 yd (118 m)
Recommended Crochet Hook: 9mm (M-13) hook
Recommended Knitting Needle: 8mm (11 US) needles
Enchanted Evening Button Cowl
- Size M/N (9mm) Crochet Hook
- One skein (129 yds) of Red Heart Boutique Infinity Yarn
- Yarn Needle, for weaving ends
- 1″ Button (3)
- Needle and thread for sewing on buttons (optional)
ch – chain
st(s) – stitch(es)
sl st – slip stitch
sk – skip
dc – double crochet
t-ch – turning chain
sp – space
3 stitches and 1 row = 1 inch
26″ across before buttoned
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted.
- Ch-3 at the beginning of each row counts as a dc.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked flat and buttoned to form a cowl. Alternately, you can seam the ends together to make a regular cowl.
- Crossed Double Crochet Stitch Tutorial (also known as the X-Stitch)
Row 1: Work 1 sc in the 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn. (22)
Row 2: Ch 3 (count as dc here and throughout), sk the first st, *sk the next st, dc into the next st, work 1 dc in the skipped st** Repeat from * to ** across, dc in the last st, turn. (22)
Row 3: Ch 3, sk the first st, *sk the next st, dc into the next st, work 1 dc in the skipped st** Repeat from * to ** across, dc in the top of the t-ch, turn. (22)
Row 4-29: Repeat Row 3. (22)
Row 30: Ch 1, sc in each st across, working last sc in t-ch. (22)
Fasten off, weave all ends. (Note: If you want to seam the cowl, leave a long tail to sew the two ends together)
- Fold the cowl so that one end overlaps the other.
- Arrange your buttons on the left side of the cowl (it will be the right side when you are wearing it), between rows 2 and 3.
- Using extra yarn or a needle and thread, sew the buttons onto the cowl.
- There are no need for button holes since the stitch pattern created spaces that you can slip the buttons through.
Another huge to thank you to Red Heart for sending this gorgeous yarn! I loved working with it and was inspired from the beginning. I can’t wait to try some more of Red Heart’s new yarns!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.