This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeroesEatMMs #CollectiveBias
In my house, we are all HUGE Marvel fans. My husband watched the cartoons as a child and I enjoy all of the new movies. My daughter is also a big fan of Spiderman. Whenever a new Marvel movie comes out on DVD, we like to make it a big movie night event. So, to celebrate the DVD release of Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, we decided to have a fun movie night complete with my amazing Captain America cookies made with M&Ms®. It’s a super simple recipe sugar cookie recipe that is dressed up with M&Ms® and white chocolate chips to look like Captain America’s shield!
To get all of the ingredients for my Captain America cookies, I headed to my local Walmart. I found the baking essentials for the cookies, including the white chocolate chips, in the baking aisle of the Grocery section and the M&Ms in the Candy aisle.
First I made the cookie dough. I rolled the dough in plastic wrap and allowed it to chill in the refrigerator.
Now, to get perfect circles, I just slice the dough and place them on my lined cookie sheet.While the cookies bake off in the oven, I made the vanilla frosting.
After the cookies came out of the oven, I allowed them to cool on a baking rack before frosting.
After I frosted the cookies, I added my M&Ms and white chocolate chips to make Captain America’s shield. Notice that one is different? Hubby and I had a difference of opinion on the look of the shield 🙂 We ate them while watching the movie and they were definitely a super sweet treat.
If you want to make these awesome cookies for your Captain America movie night, make sure to check out Walmart. They have a $5 coupon when you purchase any 2 M&Ms brand candies and the Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier DVD!
There is also this really cool social hub called Heroes Eat M&Ms where you can take quizzes to determine what super hero you are or which M&M character you are. I had so much fun trying it out. I’m apparently The Hulk and the Orange M&M 🙂 There is also a cool feed for Tweets and Instagram photos using #HeroesEatMMs. Stop by and check out all of the recipes, crafts, and more that are currently being featured on the hub and enjoy these delicious cookies along with Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and combine until just incorporated.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, a little at a time, to the wet ingredients.
- The dough will become stiff. Dump it out onto a floured counter top and roll in a log.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and slice into ¼ inch disks.
- Place cookie disks onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire baking rack and allow to cool for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare icing by mixing powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread icing onto cooled cookies and decorate with M&Ms and white chocolate chips.
Want a chance to win a Walmart Gift card? Enter here: