With the 4th of July coming up, I thought that I would make a patriotic pattern! When I hear the word patriotic, I think about red, white, and blue, and stars. So, I came up with this cute, quick, and easy Granny Star pattern. It’s great for a bunting or banner or even just as a decoration at your Independence Day party. The star takes about 5-10 minutes to work up (depending how fast you crochet) Tomorrow, I will share how to turn them into granny squares. 🙂 Enjoy and Happy Crocheting!
Crochet Granny Star
- Size G Crochet Hook(affiliate link)
- Small amount of Worsted Weight Yarn. I used Red Heart Shimmer(affiliate link)
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends
MC – magic circle
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
sk – skip
- This star measures approximately 2″ from point to point.
- To make a larger or smaller star, use a different sized hook.
Round 1: Ch 3. 2 dc into MC, ch 2. *3 dc, ch 2* Repeat * 3 more times. Join in beginning ch 3.
Round 2: Ch 1. Sc into each of the next 2 dc’s from the previous round. [3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc] all in the next ch 2 space.
Round 2, cont’d: *sk first dc, sc in the next 2 dc’s from previous round. [3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc] all in ch 2 space.* Repeat * 3 more times. Join in beg. sc.
Fasten off and weave all ends.
I hope you have enjoyed this quick and easy pattern and will come back tomorrow to see how I turn this into a granny square!
If you would like to purchase the supplies that I used for this project and support my blog at the same time, you can make your purchases through my affiliate links!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.