Earlier this week I posted Kaylee’s Berries & Sunshine Mini Market Tote with this beautiful flower on it but I failed to post the instructions on how to make the flower. So, instead of just adding the instructions to the post, I thought that I would do one better and give you a full photo tutorial on how to make it! Happy Crocheting!
Crochet Popcorn Flower
- Size I Crochet Hook
- Small amounts of worsted weight yarn in 3 colors. I used Lily Sugar n Cream in Yellow, Hot Pink, and Hot Orange.
- Tapestry or darning needle, for weaving ends
- Ladybug Button (optional)
- mc – magic circle
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
1. Start with a magic circle, ch 2. 8 dc into the magic circle.
2. To change color, insert your hook through the beginning dc (not ch 2)
3. Pull your next color through the loop. Ch 2.
4. 5 dc into the same stitch.
5. Remove your hook from the last dc. Insert your hook back into the first dc.
6. With your hook still in the first dc, grab the loop from your last dc and pull through.
7. Ch 1 to secure your popcorn stitch.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 in each stitch around.
9. Join your next color. Ch 2. Repeat steps 4-7.
10. For your next popcorn (and every other one after that), insert your hook into the ch 1 space or the popcorn stitch from the previous round and repeat steps 4-7 all the way around.
11. Once you’ve finished your popcorn stitches, fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing. Weave in all of your extra ends. Using a needle and thread or yarn, sew your button onto the center of your flower.
And there your have your Popcorn Flower! You can keep it all one color or even stop after step 8 if you want a single layer flower. I hope you enjoy the tutorial! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to help you out 🙂
If you would like to purchase the products that I used in this tutorial and help support my blog, you can do both by purchasing these products through my affiliate links. Thank you for your ongoing support of my tiny little corner of the Internet!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.