A lot of my friends and family ask me if I stop crocheting when the weather gets warmer. The answer is “Of course not!” The art of crochet is becoming so innovative and crocheters are becoming so much more creative with their fiber. We’re not making just hats, scarves and blankets anymore. Nowadays, you can just about crochet anything that you put your mind to. So, when the weather gets warmer, I like to use my yarn for making things around the house like these Daisy Granny Square Coasters. Not only are they cute and perfect for spring, but they are also easily washable which I love. I can be a little crazy when it comes to putting a cup on my table with nothing underneath. My kitchen table is so hard to clean so I always use a coaster. If you’re anything like me, then this is the pattern for you! Keep in mind that if you don’t care for coasters, these Daisy Granny Squares would make an adorable blanket.
Crochet Daisy Granny Squares
• Size H Crochet Hook
• Worsted weight yarn in three colors for flower center, flower petals and granny square. I used Lily Sugar n’ Cream(Affiliate Link) cotton yarn
• Tapestry needle for weaving ends
dc – double crochet
tc – treble crochet
sl st – slip stitch
ch – chain
mc – magic circle
MC, ch 2
Round 1: With yellow yarn, 8 dc into circle. Join. (8)
Round 2: Change to yarn for flower petal. *Ch 3, dc, tc, dc, ch 3* all in the same stitch. Sl st into next st. Repeat * for the 7 remaining petals. Fasten off.
Round 3: Join your granny square color into the top of any tc with a sl st. Ch 3. 2 dc into same st. Ch 1. 3 dc into the top of the next tc from the previous round. Ch 1. *3 dc, ch 1, 3dc in the top of the next tc from previous round. Ch 1. 3 dc into next tc. Ch 1* Repeat * 2 more times. 3 dc into the beginning tc. Ch 1. Join into the top of the ch 3.
Round 4: Ch 3. 2 dc into same st. Ch 1. 3 dc into ch 1 space from the previous round, twice. Ch 1. *3 dc, ch 1, 3dc in ch 1 space from previous round (corner). Ch 1. 3 dc into ch 1 space, twice. Ch 1* Repeat * 2 more times. 3 dc into the beginning tc. Ch 1. Join into the top of the ch 3. Fasten off and weave all ends.
If you’re feeling creative, you can add a pretty edging or just an easy single crochet edging in another color. Like I said, I use these as coasters but you can easily make a bunch and turn them into an adorable daisy granny square blanket. The pattern is pretty straightforward and it’s quick to work up. It took me about 15 minutes to make. You may or may not have to block these squares for them to lie flat. I was too lazy to block mine so I just pressed them between a couple of heavy books to get them flat. I hope you enjoy the pattern! Happy crocheting!
If you would like to purchase the supplies that I used in this project and also help support my blog, you can do both by making your purchases through my affiliate links:
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.