Since Valentine’s Day is just a short time away, I thought it would be nice to do something a little festive (even though I’m not really into V-day this year). I didn’t want to deprive Kaylee of all of the love and hearts so I whipped up this adorable little heart basket for her, fully equipped with her favorite treats (Goldfish of course). You can fill it with candy or treats, add a little card, and you have a cute and easy Valentine for your little Valentine.
Crochet Valentine’s Day Basket
- Size J Crochet Hook(affiliate link), for basket
- Size H Crochet Hook(affiliate link), for hearts
- Worsted Weight Yarn in one main color for the basket and a small amount for the two hearts. I use Lily Sugar and Cream Cotton Yarn(affiliate link)
- Tapestry Needle (for weaving ends)
- 10 sc into MC. Join into first sc. Ch 2. (10)
- 2 dc into each st around. Join. Ch 2. (20)
- *1 dc into next st, 2 dc into next st* Repeat around. Join. Ch 2. (30)
- *1 dc into next 2 sts, 2 dc into next st* Repeat around. Join. Ch 2. (40)
- Dc into each st around. Join. Ch 2. (40)
- Start your basket weave stitch: *fpdc in the next 4 sts, bpdc in the next 4 sts* Repeat around. Join. Ch 2 (40)
- *bpdc in the next 4 sts, fpdc in the next 4 sts* Repeat around. Join. Ch 2 (40)
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the next 2 rounds
- hdc in each st around. Join. Ch 2. (40)
- hdc in each st around. Join.
- Now for the handle: Ch 25 (if you want a longer handle, chain a longer ch) Sk 19 sts. Sl st into 20th st. Ch 1. Sc into second ch from hook and into each ch across. Sc into the hdc from the previous round. Fasten off and weave ends.
I got the cute printable Valentine’s Day Card from here.
Hope you enjoy the pattern. Happy Crocheting!
If you would like to purchase the supplies that I used for this project and help support my blog, you can do both by making your purchases through my affiliate links!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.