It’s no secret that I love to bake. I make cookies for my class at least once a week. As I was making the batter for my cookies yesterday, I thought to myself, “What else can I do with this batter?” I was definitely tired of making cookies. I thought about it for a minute and then it hit me…why not make blondies?? But alas, I had already made the cookie batter. Then it hit me again…just use the same batter! So, feeling like I was some kind of mad scientist, I decided to put the cookie batter into a baking pan instead of scooping out cookies and guess what? They came out AMAZING! I took the chocolate chip blondies to class and they were well received. I even packaged two of them up for my professor for Teacher Appreciation Week. Here is the fabulous recipe for making either chocolate chip cookies or blondies, or both! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookies/Blondies
Write a review
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and both sugars together until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg. Whisk until combined.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Combine until batter is smooth.
- Using a 2 tbsp scoop, scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and place onto a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Spread batter into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Serve as is or with a big scoop of ice cream.
The Stitchin' Mommy http://thestitchinmommy.com/
I hope you enjoy this twofer recipe! My littlest critic enjoyed it very much.