Hello everyone! I hope that you have all had an amazing Memorial Day weekend. The weather didn’t really cooperate with us this past weekend so we definitely had a lackluster kick-off to the summer season. With the rain and wind, we didn’t venture out much. We basically stayed home the whole weekend and spent some quality time together. I did A LOT of cooking, some crocheting, and not so much blogging. When the hubby is home I don’t get too much computer time so I’ve been a bad blogger this weekend.
On Sunday, I found myself wanting Banana Cream Pie…like really craving it. I didn’t want to waste too much time on it so I started looking up recipes and everything seemed so time consuming that I didn’t want to even try them. I got the gist of what the pie is supposed to be like so I decided to make my own fast and easy pie using a few store bought ingredients. If I was patient enough, I would have made everything from scratch but I was not and this is what I came up with. If you’re in a pinch and want a great dessert, give this a try:
- 1 ready made vanilla wafer crust
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 package of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup of cold milk
- ¾ cup cold half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding with the milk and half and half. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until you have a stiff whipped cream.
- Using half of the bananas, layer into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour half of the pudding over the bananas.
- Add one more layer using remaining bananas and finish with other half of the pudding.
- If you want to get fancy, using a piping bag with your favorite tip, pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the pie.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can just dollop the whipped cream around.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.